Murshidabad College of Engineering and Technology, Murshidabad
Private, Estb.in - 1998
Accredicted By - AICTE
Affiliated By - Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
The college came into being through formal inauguration by Dr.Ashim Dasgupta , the then Hon'ble Minister-In-Charge, Finance, Govt. of West Bengal, on 8th August, 1998.The College was shifted to its own campus and it was formally opened on 4th August 2001 , by Mr. Buddha Dev Bhattacharjee ,the then Hon'ble Chief Minister of West Bengal . The college is aided by the Govt. of West Bengal . Established by a voluntary Society , this non-commercial and self-financed college is on its glorious run under the competent guidance of a Governing Body . Mr.Dipak Kumar Roy is the Chairman of Society for MCET & HRD and Governing Body , MCET. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) , New Delhi and affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT).
B.tech, 4 Years, Full Time
Intake - 60
Eligibility – 10+2
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
The college has hostel facilities. The hostel offers the following facilities:
- Hostel provides Airy, Fresh, Pollution- Free Environment.
- Boys’ & Girls’ Hostels are inside the campus ( except those of 1st year students).
- Hostel provides the facilities of Departmental stores, Restaurant, Medical Assistance, FAX, STD/ISD etc.
- Unique Hostel facility with gardens, playgrounds and hygienic atmosphere.
- Separate generator facility (24 X 7 times) available for college campus, boys hostel & girls hostel.
- Internet facilities is also available for boys & girls hostel.
- Mess system is available.
- Hostel accommodation for outstation students is mandatory.
The institute possesses an up-to-date and well equipped library with text books, reference books, hand books, Magazines, Journals, periodicals, etc. Library is rich in more than 11,000 books exclusively for B.Tech students. The institute subscribes for a number of technical periodicals & journals both Indian and International. The e-journal subscription has widened the prospects of browsing more than 100 standard journals of international repute. Newspapers (including Employment News) are also kept in the library for general awareness of the students. Book-Bank facility for SC/ST students sponsored by Government of West Bengal.
Training & Placement Cell
The college has set up a Training & Placement Monitoring Cell for the purpose of monitoring the training and placement activities of the college. Regular Technical Seminars are arranged by T & P cell through professional executives of both private & Govt. industries/organizations to make the students aware of the present trend of industries and to sharpen their academic excellence as per requirements of the industries.
Students & Staff of MCET can get Hygenic Food from MCET Canteen. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Tiffins are avilable at subsidised rate for both Vegeterian & Non-vegeterian.
Total are of this Computer Centre is 250 Sq.m. This centre avails 100 PCs with Wi-Fi Service. This centre avails internet serfing from 10 A.M to 8 P.M on all working days.
Totally Wi-fi Enabled campus. Broad band lines with 2mbps speed. DEL NET Network for library for accessing Journals as well as World digital Library. V-SAT Technology with well decorated class room for Video Conference.
The college provides games & sports facilitities.Our aim is to make a student be a healthy as well as technically sound.To make a student be healthy Games & Sports must be a part of the life.So our college will provide the followinf facilities:
- The college conducts Annual Sports every year where all the students,their gurdians,faculties and other staffs participates.
- The college conducts Cricket Tournament,Football Tournament,Badmintont Tournament every year .
- The college provides Indoor Games & Common Room facilities.
- The college provides Outdoor Games & Play Ground facilities.
- The college provides Gymnasium facilities.